Thursday, January 11, 2024

SKS Bidons

I bought a pair of bidons from 22 Bikes in Bhubaneswar on 4th January, 2024. They cost me Rs 1080. These are SKS bottles. I have many SKS products like mudguards, pump, chainstay cover etc. They are a German company but most of their stuff is made in China or Taiwan (which is fine with me). They maintain a basic quality in their products. 
The bottles are 750 ml each. I used them during our Tour de Chilika. They work fine. The sipper is good. However, the walls seem thin. It might be an optical illusion and feel so due to the translucent colour. I don't know. They are pretty light, for sure. Will see how durable they are in the long run. These will be my go to water bottles now for most of my rides until they are lost, stolen or break down. 

Earlier I used to use two 1 lit steel bottles. One of them is lost in Sikkim during a birding tour. The other is badly marked and looks dirty. I don't mind the extra weight and value the larger capacity. But they can rattle and make a noise. These wouldn't, hopefully. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment