Monday, February 1, 2021

New Brakes For Roadie

 

I just got for myself two sets of brake pads for my Red Roadie. These came in from Happy Earth and cost me around Rs 3000 for the two pairs. These are arguably one of the best brake shoes available in this country, if not the world. 

The brake shoes that I have are there since the beginning. They came OE with the new bike and it never occurred to me that they might ever need to be replaced or might even need cleaning. After taking them off at around 2500 Kms the other day, (read about the cleaning here) I realised they were hopelessly damaged from use without maintenance. I am not sure if they require an immediate replacement (they are working fine as of now and the bike is indeed stopping pretty well, save for the hideous, gritty noise once in a while) but I went ahead and bought the new sets nevertheless. I don't want to wait for even a day if and when the current ones give way. Right now there is a terrible crisis of bicycle components and accessories.

I will keep a detailed note about how to replace and adjust the pads, when I do replace them. I know it's very simple but still I would like to keep a detailed record. 

Incidentally yesterday I did an adjustment to Mezda's rear brakes. He felt the brakes were not hard enough and asked me to ensure that it aligned perfectly with the rim on the left hand side, which I did. After getting back home he reported it was holding remarkably well. Seems like a happy customer. My only customer so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment